For adult immunization programs please contact your primary care provider or the Haliburton Kawartha District Pine Ridge District Health Unit Click here.
• Travel-advised vaccinations
• TB testing
Under Ontario’s Immunization of School Pupils Act (ISPA), students in schools and licensed Child Care Centres/Daycares must be immunized against:
Students or their parents must provide an up-to-date record of immunization. If a student has a legal exemption, it must be provided to the Health Unit. Students may be suspended from school if they do not meet the requirements of ISPA. See Suspension of Students Under ISPA – Haliburton, Kawartha, Pine Ridge District Health Unit. Click here
The Health Unit provides immunization clinics to Grade 7 students. These clinics include three vaccines: • Meningitis (Men C-ACYW-135) – This vaccine is required to attend school. It is different from the Meningitis C vaccine that your child may have received as a baby • Hepatitis B (HB) • Human Papillomavirus (HPV)
• HKPR District Health Unit: Learn about school-based immunization program • Report your child’s immunization to the Health Unit
• Want to learn more about vaccinations? VaxFacts is run by the Scarborough Health Team supporting community members and families in Scarborough and across the country to get the most accurate information about vaccines and treatments for diseases like Monkeypox and COVID-19, childhood vaccines, flu vaccines, and preventative health counseling.
Immunize Canada (For Educators)
• National Immunization Poster Contest for Grade 6 students (Contest runs annually)
• Teacher’s Kit with resources and ideas organized by curriculum topic
• Provides links to classroom-friendly lessons, games, quizzes, and videos.
Online Booking Temporarily Closed Will Reopen Nov. 27
NFHT is doing upgrade work to our Electronic Medical Record system to better serve our patients, doctors and staff. During this brief transition period between Nov. 23 and 26, online booking will not be available. Online booking will resume on Monday, Nov. 27.