Temp Part Time (starting April 2024)
Parental Leave contract 0.6 FTE (3 days per week)
An exciting opportunity is available for a Temporary Part Time Registered Dietitian to work 3 days per week as part of the Northumberland Family Health Team (NFHT). As a key member of our interprofessional primary care team, the Registered Dietitian will provide individual nutrition counselling and group education sessions while serving as a resource to the team and community. Service is provided to both individuals and groups and as part of interprofessional programs such as “Clinical Nutrition”, “Chronic Disease Management”, “Wellness and Prevention” and “Seniors Wellness”. This position comes with paid vacation and an opportunity to enroll in the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP).
About Us: NFHT is a non-profit, primary health care organization providing over 26,000 patients with timely access to a comprehensive range of services and programs aimed at managing and preventing disease and improving health status. The inter-professional team includes family physicians and professional staff, including nurses and nurse practitioners, occupational and physical therapists, dietitians, social workers, pharmacist, chiropodist and respiratory therapist, who work together to provide person-centred, effective, collaborative and integrated care. For more information about our organization, please visit www.nfht.ca. Save
NFHT supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including women, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with a disability.
We are committed to improving access and opportunities for individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require a specific accommodation during the application, interview or recruitment stage, please contact us so that appropriate accommodations to be made.
We can offer you:
• A team environment that strives for professionalism, respect and compassion, respects the role of the Registered Dietitian and supports all providers to work to their full scope of practice
• A flexible schedule and environment that supports work-life balance
• Paid vacation, personal leave days and professional development paid time and expense coverage
• An opportunity to enrol in or contribute to your Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
• 4-year Bachelor of Science or Applied Science degree, majoring in Nutritional Sciences or Human Nutrition (or equivalent); completion of Dietitians of Canada accredited Dietetic Internship program or combined Master’s and Dietetic Internship program
• Completion of an accredited dietetic internship
• Registration and in good standing with the College of Dietitians of Ontario
• Ability to provide medical nutrition therapy for a wide variety of issues commonly seen in family practice
• Good understanding of nutrition interventions for chronic disease management and evidence-based nutrition best practices
• Current Ontario Drivers’ License and access to a reliable vehicle
• Excellent verbal and written communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills with the ability to build and nurture positive working relationships both within and outside of NFHT
You will stand out as a candidate if you also have:
• Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) designation
• Proficient computer skills and experience with Electronic Medical Records (EMRs)
Interested, qualified candidates are asked to submit a resume to Adrienne Bell-Smith, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information about our organization, please visit www.nfht.ca