This program is for people who are looking for an approach to wellness that promotes good nutrition and physical activity habits for the sake of health and well-being.
The Healthy Living Program uses the Health At Every Size ® (HAES®)* principles.
HAES® is an approach that respects and celebrates all body shapes and sizes. You don’t have to lose weight to become healthier and happier.
How to Access: No Physician Referral Required
- Physician, Nurse Practitioner or NFHT Clinician referral
- Self-referral by phone or in person
Program Activities and Services:
- Individual or group visits with a Registered Dietitian and/or Physiotherapist
- Group exercise and workshops
Goals for Participants:
- To enjoy a more positive relationship with food and activity
- Registered Dietitians
- Association for Size Diversity and Health www.sizediversityandhealth.org
- Unlock Food www.unlockfood.ca
- Health Canada – Canada’s Food Guide https://food-guide.canada.ca/en/
- Public Health Agency of Canada – Physical Activity https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/being-active/physical-activity-your-health.html
*Health At Every Size and HAES are registered trademarks of the Association for Size Diversity and Health and used with permission.