The Cobourg Health Center
Located at 9 Elgin Street East, Cobourg (Next to the Cobourg DrugMart)
Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
After-Hours Clinic (for Cobourg Health Center Patients only):
Monday to Friday: 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm
The CHC office will be closed on Statutory Holidays that land during the work-week.
• Dr. T. Cheung
• Dr. M. Cunningham – accepts online booking
• Dr. C. Dahle
• Dr. R. Daskalopoulos
• Dr. M. Essak
• Dr. K. Haunts – accepts online booking
• Dr. C. Kwok
• Dr. T. Rys
• Dr. P. Stratford
• Kate Edgar – Nurse Practitioner
• Angel Targon – Registered Nurse
The After-Hours Clinic is operated by the Primary Care Providers of the Cobourg Health Centre. Online appointment booking is available at this time only for same-day appointments. To go to our online booking page click here.
Please book an after-hours appointment for time-sensitive conditions such as:
• A significant new or worsening pain (including pain caused by recent injury),
• New or change in symptoms of infection including fever, rashes, gastrointestinal changes, urinary changes, respiratory changes,
• Exacerbation (‘significant flare up’) in chronic conditions (for example back pain, heart disease, lung disease, or abdominal or gynecological disease),
• Concerns regarding pregnancy and newborns and infants,
• Decompensation (‘significant worsening’) in mental health or substance use
• Time-sensitive prescriptions that cannot be managed in other ways,
DO NOT book an after-hours appointment for:
• Conditions that could be life-threatening or critical (for example, chest pain, trouble breathing, bleeding that doesn’t stop, suspected stroke, broken bones). Please call 9-1-1 or go to the hospital Emergency Department
• Annual health exams and preventative screening visits, such as PAP tests
• Completion of forms (for example tax disability, insurance, school trips/camp, referrals)
• Routine follow-up of chronic physical and mental health conditions
Please note the following restrictions:
• Only for Cobourg Health Centre patients
• For urgent concerns that cannot wait until a routine appointment is available with your family doctor, such as new worrisome symptoms or an ill child.
• For non-urgent patient concerns (prescriptions renewals, forms completion, test result follow-up, work notes for absences, requests for referrals or procedures, continuing or follow-up care for a chronic disease or condition) please make an appointment with your primary care provider.
• Monday to Friday by appointment only!
• Call on the day of the clinic. 905.373.1280
Note: The clinic may close early if capacity is reached or due to bad weather.
Here’s a TIP!
If you are calling for a non-urgent appointment or for a reason other than appointment booking (such as medication renewal and cancellation/rescheduling), please call after 1:00 pm. You will have a much easier time getting through on the phone and will make it easier for those with urgent appointment needs to get through.