Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
Northumberland Family Health Team (NFHT) is seeking a Primary Care Nurse Practitioner to work within a family practice office and as part of our interprofessional program team. A rewarding and impactful role, the NP will engage in autonomous decision making and authority within scope of practice and collaborative model of care for patients rostered to the physicians of NFHT. The role will include a mix of providing episodic same/next day primary care, preventative care and ongoing management for a mixed population. You will assess, investigate, diagnose and treat patients across the lifespan, utilizing critical thinking and evidence-based medicine and nursing as a guide to practice.
This role will help us to fill some short-term NP vacancies and therefore requires someone who is flexible, able to adapt to new situations and reach out for support from the team as needed. A sense of humour and collegiality is a must.
We can offer you:
- A flexible schedule and environment that supports work-life balance
- Paid vacation, personal leave days and an opportunity to enroll in or contribute to your Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
- A team environment that strives for professionalism, respect and compassion, respects the role of the Nurse Practitioner and supports all providers to work to their full scope of practice
About Us: NFHT is a non-profit, primary health care organization providing over 26,000 patients with timely access to a comprehensive range of services and programs aimed at managing and preventing disease and improving health status. The inter-professional team includes family physicians and professional staff, including nurses and nurse practitioners, occupational and physical therapists, dietitians, social workers, pharmacist, chiropodist and respiratory therapist, who work together to provide person-centred, effective, collaborative and integrated care. For more information about our organization, please visit www.nfht.ca.
- Registration in the Extended Class with the CNO; member of RNAO/NPAO with liability insurance
- Excellent skills in assessment and diagnosis
- Current Ontario Drivers’ License and access to a reliable vehicle
- Excellent verbal and written communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills with the ability to build and nurture positive working relationships both within and outside of NFHT
- Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team
- Proficiency in the use of computers and electronic medical record systems
- Full vaccination against COVID-19
- Willingness to obtain a Vulnerable Sector Police Check
Interested, qualified candidates are asked to submit a resume to Adrienne Bell-Smith, Executive Director, at email@example.com. We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Northumberland Family Health Team supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including women, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with a disability.
We are committed to improving access and opportunities for individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require a specific accommodation during the application, interview or recruitment stage, please contact us so that appropriate accommodations to be made.