Temporary Parental Leave Contract
Starting May 2021
Full-Time preferred but will consider candidates with minimum 3 days per week availability.
Northumberland Family Health Team (NFHT) is seeking a Physiotherapist to work in a collaborative, interprofessional team in Cobourg. The position is a temporary full-time position, but a strong candidate with 3-4 days per week availability will be considered. The successful candidate will provide physiotherapy services to a wide variety of adult patients within the NFHT with a focus on chronic pain, chronic disease prevention and management, and musculoskeletal injuries. The successful candidate will be well organized with excellent clinical/critical thinking skills and able to work both independently and within a team environment. This position comes with paid vacation and an opportunity to enroll in the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP).
NFHT is a non-profit, primary health care organization providing over 26,000 patients with timely access to a comprehensive range of services and programs aimed at managing and preventing disease and improving health status. The inter-professional team includes family physicians and professional staff, including nurses and nurse practitioners, occupational and physical therapists, dietitians, social workers, pharmacist and chiropodist, who work together to provide person-centred, effective, collaborative and integrated care.
For more information about our organization, please visit the About NFHT tab of this website.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Physiotherapy.
- Current Independent Practice Registration in good standing with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario.
- Previous physiotherapy experience in a primary care and/or interdisciplinary setting is an asset
- Previous experience in the area of chronic disease management and prevention, including a biopsychosocial approach to chronic pain and COPD management in particular, is an asset.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team.
- Excellent oral, written and report writing skills in a clinical setting.
- Proficiency in the use of computers and electronic medical records systems would be an asset.
- Basic CPR certification
- Current Ontario Drivers’ License.
Interested, qualified candidates are asked to submit a resume to the attention of Adrienne Bell-Smith, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
NFHT is committed to an inclusive and accessible work environment and supports the compliance of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). NFHT requests that job applicants requiring accommodation inform them so that suitable arrangements can be prepared to take into account the applicant’s accessibility needs.