If you are struggling with your feelings and need mental health support, reach out and get help.
- If you are experiencing a crisis, contact Four Counties Mental Mental at 1-866-995-9933 (toll-free) for 24-hour, free, confidential crisis support.
- If you are a patient of the Northumberland Family Health Team, we have Mental Health Clinicians who can help through a scheduled appointment in-person or virtually. Call 289-252-2139 for more information.
- For additional information about mental health and other supports in our community, go to 211 (www.211ontario.ca or call 2-1-1) to be connected with local community, social and government program information and services.
- Below you will find tips on managing anxiety and fears, resources for students, tips for parents and more.
CURRENT NFHT MENTAL HEALTH PROGRAMS ON ZOOM:
Some workshops are being offered through Zoom, a free online meeting software. You can attend the workshops by computer or by phone. Click here to download Zoom to your computer now, or you also have the option to run Zoom through your Internet browser just prior to the start of the workshop. If you would prefer to run the meeting through your browser, simply click on the link of the webinar you want to attend below, a few minutes before the meeting starts.
If you have never used Zoom before, we recommend that you log on 10-15 minutes ahead of the session you want to attend to give yourself time to work through any technical issues. The Zoom website has lots of resources available to help you get started or troubleshoot common problems.
You can also check out our easy-to-use Zoom guide for groups for some instructions!
To register for any of these programs click on the images below.
COPING TIPS AND RESOURCE LINKS
Seniors and Caregivers: resources and tips dealing with anxiety and mental health issues.
Food and mental health: articles and resource links.
Meditations: posts on Mental Health coping tips and meditations.
Click on the images below to get a larger size for easy reading.
CARING FOR CHILDREN’S MENTAL HEALTH AND TIPS FOR FAMILIES
On this page you will find links, tip sheets and resources for children of all ages.
- The Kawartha Pine Ridge District School Board’s guide to student mental health with a list of apps and resources. Be Well Student Mental Health Handbook. On the following pdf, if you put your mouse on any square in the first page, and click it will open that link to activities, videos and more. The second page is a BINGO for kids.
- Children’s Mental Health Ontario has put together a web page of resources at https://cmho.org/covid19.
- A tipsheet on how to talk to your children about COVID-19 from the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health.
- A variety of resources for all ages is at https://takecare19.com.
- The Canadian Mental Health Association has many resources including these two articles you can click on to read.
Here are some video resources. Let go of “If Only” – teaching our children to be happy right now and embrace the circumstances of each day – the link is a video of Happy Right Now book by Julie Berry https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1bDLm1NhbI&feature=youtu.be.
Get to Know Your Breath – six breathing exercises for children https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PYHmihv3wY&feature=youtu.be