Clinical Nutrition Program
Details about our one-on-one services are below this notice. Current virtual program offerings:
Some workshops are being offered through Zoom, a free online meeting software. You can attend the workshops by computer or by phone. Click here to download Zoom to your computer now, or you also have the option to run Zoom through your Internet browser just prior to the start of the workshop. If you would prefer to run the meeting through your browser, simply click on the link of the webinar you want to attend below, a few minutes before the meeting starts.
If you have never used Zoom before, we recommend that you log on 10-15 minutes ahead of the session you want to attend to give yourself time to work through any technical issues. The Zoom website has lots of resources available to help you get started or troubleshoot common problems.
You can also check out our easy-to-use Zoom guide for groups for some instructions!
About the Clinical Nutrition program
Registered dietitians are university trained, to provide evidence-based advice and counselling about diet, food and nutrition.
Our Registered Dietitians provide a wide range of counselling services including:
- Nutrition across the lifespan – pregnancy, infant and child nutrition, picky eating, older adult care e.g. unintentional weight loss, malnutrition
- Digestion problems such as irritable bowel syndrome, acid reflux, Celiac Disease, diverticulitis etc.,
- Food allergies or intolerances
- Nutritional deficiencies such as iron deficiency
How to Access: No Physician Referral is Required
- Physician, Nurse Practitioner or NFHT Clinician referral
- Self-referral by phone or in person
Program Activities and Services:
- Individual visits (in person, home or telephone) for assessment, management and teaching related to nutritional concern
- Group workshops
Goals for Participants:
- Achievement of best possible nutritional status
- Management of nutrition related condition(s)
- Registered Dietitians
Unlock Food www.unlockfood.ca